- “Brothers or Others in Arms: Civilian Constituencies and Rebel Fragmentation in Civil War,” Journal of Peace Research (OnlineFirst March 10, 2017).
- 2012. “Crafted by crisis: integration and democracy in South America.” In Regions and Crises, ed. by Lorenzo Fioramonti. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Dissident Networks and Rebel Fragmentation in Civil War
- "Can't Tear Us Apart: The Causes of Leadership Struggles in Rebel Groups."
- "Unity and Fragmentation in Syria's Civil Wars."
- "Control & Collaboration: Simulating the Logic of Violence in Civil War for Political Science Students."
Image: wall mural, Estelí, Nicaragua